Sunday, October 27, 2013

Eye spy with my little eye...

Each week brings hope and challenges as I continue on my road to recovery. 

Last week, I was able to increase my time at work up to 5 hours a day. I am trying to slowly increase my work hours without jeopardizing my recovery.  I feel good that I was able to achieve this goal but I am very exhausted after 5 hours and continue to take long naps each afternoon. Between working part time and doing my physical and eye therapy there is not a lot of spare time in my day. I am behind on emails, I will try to do better on my blog as that is easier than doing individual emails for now. 

I am gaining strength each week and learning to adapt to my new lifestyle. I miss being out and about with friends and events. I am still challenged in public with noise and motion.  I have attempted it a few times, and I tend to pay the price by getting extremely exhausted, dizzy, nausea and loud ringing of the ears. This week I am to get my new custom earplugs. (Goodbye ugly neon orange and green foam earplugs!) I am very excited as this should help some with my over-stimulation in public and events.

I had my 2 month follow up appointment with my neurologist last week and I have some good news. He said I am continuing to heal since my last appointment. My eyes are tracking movement better and my pupils are constricting when focusing on his finger as he moved it close to my eyes and away. It appears my eyes are still healing, and my new prism glasses and visual therapy are working!

I continue to push the envelope of what I can do, whenever possible. I have signed up for Oregon Adaptive Sports to downhill ski with their visually disable program as I have a limited field of vision and lack depth perception. Watch out Bunny Hill, here I come! This should prove to be very exciting! I got my Mt. Bachelor 4 Pack Pass this week and ready to go as soon as the snow arrives!

Thank you all for your support, I appreciate you all being on my journey with me!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! We will see you on the mountain! Ken & I got 4-pack as well. Went up in Dec (not very good); just waiting for snow!
    Foxie

    ReplyDelete