Sunday, March 3, 2013

Becki is Healing!


I have been busy healing since my last post.  Or at least that is what my neurologist proclaimed this week, "Good news! You are healing!"

I cannot see the progress daily, but each week I am noticing that I can do a little more.  I am still seeing double with blurriness and have sensitivity to light, but I am starting to wear my sunglasses less indoors each week.  Some have asked, what do your eyes see? Here is an example of what my vision is like:

Another question I'm asked, when will you get your vision restored?  I wish I knew.  Dr. Shihinian told me that everyone heals at a different rate...some in a few weeks and others in a few months. The good news is that I can tell my vision is improving each week.  I remain optimistic that my vision will eventually be restored ... with patience … all in due time.

As I have gotten stronger, my physical therapist has increased the amount of physical therapy I receive.  I receive therapy for my eyes as well as for my balance.  I cannot go upstairs yet without assistance, but hopefully in a week or two that will change.  Our house has two stories and I miss having full access to the house.  I am still walking daily and am starting to cook more.

Recently, I started venturing out into the public. I went to a small quiet church service and had pizza at small intimate pizza parlor with Rod (sunglasses and ear plugs still required).

Each day I count my blessings.  I have no more migraines and I am getting stronger all the time.  Rod continues to be my constant companion and has provided me strength and encouragement throughout my journey.  I owe so much of my  recovery to my wonderful husband.


3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your "better" news! And with the sun shining outside today, that's got to help also. Just don't overdo it too much!! Baby steps...and you've come a long way baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good news Becki. I'm so proud of you! Keep it up girl. You're doing great!! :) -- Judy vB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update! And thanks for the example of how you're seeing things - it's good to know what to expect for those of us who may be facing future surgery. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete